8/05/2010

Translation: さよなら雨(レイン)〜リバース〜 by メリー

This song was done on request from an acquaintance; I didn't even know it existed until then! The song is a rather rare version of メリー's さよなら雨. I've posted the Japanese and romanized lyrics at the end, since I'm sure they're hard to find online.
You can listen to the song on youtube here. Usually, I will only post links to where you can buy the things I translate, because the artists we claim to love need our support to keep working. Like pretty much everyone, I've illegally downloaded or listened to something on youtube a billion times without buying it, but this very true, very guilt-inducing essay made me think a bit harder about it. I'm only making an exception here because メリー's not selling it (but if you live by a Closet Child, go hunt for it! It's how I found my used copy.). Anyway! On to ガラ's lovely lyrics, which are much more interesting than my preaching. The lyrics have a more cliched feeling than ガラ's usual writing, but I feel like they're meant as a contrast to the original さよなら雨, which does not show as much vulnerability.

Song: Goodbye Rain ~Reverse~
Artist: メリー

There are countless tears I stifled by acting tough, you know.
Even though things would be simple if I let go and cried...tearful girl
Today, just like the weather report said, outside is a rain pattern
I can't go and put up an umbrella in my heart...

Stuffing memories that are nowhere near small...into my chest that's nowhere near large...

Staring at your figure from behind as it grows farther away, and not being able to hold back my tears...
There's no way I'd go and be a nuisance to you, you know
If you just pass through on the back of my eyelids,
It's fine...

When I was by myself, that was all it took for me to learn loneliness.
Longing for that someone who I can press my shoulders against…
Today, just like the weather report said, outside is rain again
Longing—suffocatingly—for that someone who can shelter me from the rain...

Scared by the sudden sound of the telephone bell, I lowered the ringer to silent...
I lied to my own feelings...I can't go back anymore.

Staring at your figure from behind as it grows farther away, and not being able to hold back my tears...
There's no way I'd go and be a nuisance to you, you know
You'll pass through on the back of my eyelids...

Even if we go past each other someday, somewhere, it's definitely better to pretend not to notice...
Even if we go past each other someday, somewhere, yeah, it's better if we can continue on by like passing rain showers...


Original Japanese Lyrics

強がってこらえた いくつもの涙があるよ。泣いてしまえれば楽なのに 涙girl
今日は天気予報通り 外は雨模様 心に傘なんてさせない…

けして大きくはない胸に けして小さくない想いでを詰め込んで…

遠くなってゆく後ろ姿を見つめて 涙こらえきれなくて…
迷惑なんてけしてかけないよ まぶたの裏で通り過ぎて行けば いいさ…

一人でいるとただ それだけで淋しいと知ったよ。  肩を寄せ合える誰かが恋しくて…
今日も天気予報通り 外はまた雨 雨宿り出来る誰かが恋しく切なくて…

突然鳴った電話のbell 怖くなって着信音サイレントまで下げた…
自分の気持ちにウソをついた…もう戻れない

遠くなってゆく後ろ姿を見つめて 涙こらえきれなくて…
迷惑なんてけしてかけないよ まぶたの裏で通り過ぎてゆく…

いつか何処かですれ違っても きっと気づかないフリをすればいい…
いつか何処かですれ違っても 通り雨のように過ぎてゆければいいさ…
 

Romaji Lyrics

tsuyogatte koraeta   ikutsumo no namida ga aru yo. naite shimaereba raku na no ni   namida girl
kyou wa tenki yohou-doori   soto wa ame moyou   kokoro ni kasa nante sasenai...

keshite ookiku wa nai mune ni   keshite chisakunai omoide wo tsumekonde...

tooku natteyuku ushiro sugata wo mitsumete   namida koraekirenakute...
meiwaku nante keshite kakenai yo   mabuta no ura de toorisugiteikeba   ii sa...

hitori de iru to tada   sore dake de sabishii to shitta yo. kata wo yoseaeru dareka ga koishikute...
kyou mo tenki yohou-doori   soto wa mata ame   amayadori dekiru dareka ga koishiku setsunakute...

totsuzen natta denwa no bell   kowaku natte chakushin'on sairento made sageta...
jibun no kimochi ni uso wo tsuita...mou modorenai

tooku natteyuku ushiro sugata wo mitsumete   namida koraekirenakute...
meiwaku nante keshite kakenai yo   mabuta no ura de toorisugiteyuku...

itsuka dokoka de surechigatte mo   kitto kidzukanai furi wo sureba ii...
itsuka dokoka de surechigatte mo   tooriame no you ni sugiteyukereba ii sa...

No comments:

Post a Comment